E.S.W.T (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy) is an innovative, non invasive method for treatment of localized musculoskeletal pain.
Sonocur treatment is extremely safe. At All American Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute we believe it should be used in conjunction to taking drugs or receiving steroid injections. Certainly it should be considered if you are a candidate prior to undergoing surgical treatment.
Studies show that in appropriately selected patients, Sonocur therapy has a success rate of between 70 and 90 percent for improvement. It is not a ‘miracle cure’, and its pain relieving effects are usually combined with other forms of treatment such as physiotherapy, braces, injections.
All American Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute is pleased to offer Sonocur Treatment for Tendonitis. The following are the common tendonopathy’s treated by the Sonocur machine.
- Tendonitis of the shoulder
- Tendonitis of the knee (patellar tendonitis)
- Tendonitis of the foot (achilles tendonitis)
- Heel spur (plantar fasciitis)
- Tennis or golfers elbow (lateral or medial epicondylitis)
- Sonocur treatments must be approved by your physician. It is necessary to have a recent (90 days) imaging study of the affected area such as an Xray, diagnostic ultrasound or MRI Your physician can waive this requirement if he feels it is unnecessary.
- The affected area must have specific tender areas, or “trigger points’, that can be identified and used as the target for the treatments.
- Treatments are often given over 3 sessions. These may be approximately a week apart.